Blogging Challenge!

This is my first experience with the student blogging challenge, and this is the first post that I have had to write for the blogging challenge. The first challenge has started, so I have to tell everyone why they should visit my blog!

My blog is great for many reasons. First, I am from Iowa, so anyone who reads this might get a different perspective on people from Iowa. Unlike the common misconception, we do have malls in Iowa (yes, I have been asked if we have malls in Iowa). Also, there is more stuff than corn, and Iowa is in the United States although many people from the United States could not find Iowa on a map.

Second, I enjoy politics, and I am not afraid to share my thoughts. Therefore, anyone who reads my blog will have the opportunity to either agree or disagree with me if they so desire. I have firm viewpoints, but I also love to hear the other side of the story because it forces me to think deeply about different situations.

Last, but not least, I am a Christian, so my posts will be written with a Christian worldview, which some people may not be familiar with. I am not afraid to say what I think about certain situations, but I also will not condemn people for their beliefs.

Everyone who read this post should now be highly educated on reasons why they should read my blog.

8 thoughts on “Blogging Challenge!

1. Dear Derek,

My name is Jaden. I am in Mrs. Yollis’ class from Los Angeles, California. Your blog is very cool. How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging for a couple of weeks.

From,
    Jaden
    Mrs.Yollis’ student

2. Dear Derek,

My name is Jamie and I’m in Mrs. Ranney’s class and we have a blog too. It’s so much different but they’re both really cool. This is my first time having a blog for my class and it’s really fun! I hope you can visit our blog soon!

From,
    Jamie

3. Dear Derek
    I like your blog. It is cool how the people who go on your blog can play pacman. I have a question
    who are some of your blogging buddies?

From,
    Ben
    in Mrs. Yollis class.

4. Hi my name is Katlyn I would like to comment to your blog. So if you won’t mind commenting to mine that would be nice. I look forward to commenting you later.

5. Our teacher has not made us comment on other students’ blogs yet, but when we do that, I’ll try to visit your blog.

6. Hi Derek!

I was wondering what grade you were in. anyway i think your blog is really cool and i want to put as a link on my blog…if thats cool with you. I think you packed a lot in here and so thats why i want to post yours on my blog.
    maybe you could visit my blog too? its ameliaw2018.edublogs.org and maybe you could give me some tips?

7. Thanks!
    I’ll try to visit your blog periodically, too.
    Our teacher hasn’t made us visit other blogs yet, but when we do, I’ll try to visit yours!